If you need to replace a sensor, either
- Physically install it in the target location, or
- Put it online at your office in preparation for the physical replacement.
In the dashboard, follow these instructions:
1) Black Panther sensor:
- Go to the Sensor locations list
- Click on the 3-dot menu icon at the right of the location row for which you want to replace the sensor and select “Replace sensor hardware”
- On the following screen, enter the MAC address of the new sensor. This MAC address must correspond to sensor hardware unknown to your organization.
- Then, your Sensor location will display the new MAC address with Online status (some web browsers may require a page refresh).
2) Any sensor other than Black Panther:
- Go to the Sensor location and note its calibration settings (the sensor replacement operation will reset these settings).
- Go to the Sensor hardware list and click on the Sensor hardware to view the properties of the sensor that you want to replace
- Click the top-right 3-dot icon and select “Unregister sensor hardware”
- Go back to the Sensor hardware list, click the top-right 3-dot and select “Register sensor hardware”
- Add the MAC address of the new sensor - and an optional description
- Go to the Sensor locations and click on the Sensor location
- On the Sensor location page, click on the top-right 3-dot icon and select “Assign sensor hardware to location”
- Select the MAC address of the newly created sensor
- Go back to the sensor location and create manual calibration settings